TEN MUST KNOW FACTS ABOUT FOOD & DIET
1. Fructose – used as a natural sweetener in diet foods – elevates triglyceride levels; this in high dosages damages blood vessels.
2. Hunger is not a burger and chips deficiency! When you’re hungry it’s your body looking for minerals and nutrients. But if you eat junk food your hungry again within an hour or two – because you’re just giving your body excess sugar! So eat more natural healthy foods.
3. The government says to eat a low-fat diet, so what do you eat; white pasta, white rice, most bread and box cereal? These are all high carbohydrate foods – excess carbohydrates (starch) turn in to sugar, this excess sugar is then stored as fat! So should we really all be on a low-fat diet? NO!
4. Most diet foods have aspartame in them – this is chemical sweetener which at room temperature is formaldehyde (used to preserve dead bodies!)
5. Microwave meals – yes even the diet ones, contain damaged fats through high temperature cooking – this can cause cancer and a host of other health problems!
6. The term “diet” means restricting calories to lose weight – each day your body gets used to these smaller portion sizes… your metabolism slows down with it! So unless you are doing exercise with the diet you can be sure you will put back on the weight.
7. Also if you lose the weight and then increase your portion sizes you will put more fat back on because your metabolism has slowed down!
8. When trying to lose weight you must not only eat healthy and smaller portions but, exercise to increase muscle mass (this does not mean you will get bigger muscles) it will make you leaner and help you burn more calories and fat!
9. The key to dieting is not really ‘dieting’ it’s eat healthy natural food – most “diet” foods are very acidic, this then prevents nutrient absorption and creates water retention because the body is out of balance.
10. Most diets don’t help you change the way you think about food – which is the key element in losing the weight and keeping it off!
At Volcanic Fitness we help you to help yourself; through our structured program, information and support we can guarantee you will leave here with tools which will help you make better choices for improved health, lifestyle and well being! Check us out at www.volcanicfitnesss.co.uk